Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You Can't Beat Free Learning

Tomorrow I welcome back my teachers and am extremely excited to share with them some of the things I have been working on over the summer.  Probably the most significant is the Tri-State Educational Technology Conference (TSETC) that will be held at New Milford High School on Saturday October 2, 2010.  This event came together so quickly as a result of a conversation I had with Schoology as we threw around some ideas on how we could collaborate. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever consider or imagine hosting a conference at my school that has already attracted some of the brightest, innovative educational minds in the Tri-State area.  The winds of change are a beautiful thing don't you think?

As a Principal who fully embraces technology integration it is exhilarating to be able to provide a wide array of learning experiences for free that will expose my staff, as well as passionate educators from across the country, to new ideas on improving teaching and learning.  In these tough economic times, especially in the state of NJ where my district alone lost nearly 2 million dollars, I am humbled to plan and be a part of an event where committed educators are coming together to learn for the betterment of all students.  Here are a quick list of highlights:


  • Keynote by Lisa Nielsen
  • Catered breakfast and lunch
  • Giveaways/raffles
  • Live streaming of certain sessions
  • Hands on workshops focusing on mobile learning devices
  • Virtual Learning Lab
  • Bloggers Cafe
  • Post-conference networking 

Please visit the official conference website, check out our prestigious list of presenters, register to attend for FREE, submit a proposal, and if you are able to consider sponsoring.

Where will you be on 10/2/10?

No comments:

Post a Comment